After two weeks of running around China, I have decided to chill out somewhere on the beach on some Island. I was not sure where so I took out Google flights map and found somewhere where it would be cheap to fly 🙂
Borneo in Malaysia became my choice!!
Maaaan! I fell in love with this island. I went there for five days, and it was definitely not enough! There was so much to do, and so much I haven’t had a chance to do!
My initial thought was to do a diving license and then enjoy the beach:)
I ended up doing my PADI Open Water on Mabul Island and then going to Kinabatangan River to watch the wildlife. Afterward, I went for a spa treatment, and right before my plane, I went scuba diving near Gaya Island.
It ended up as a pretty packed and exciting trip 🙂 I was super busy for five days, and I still did not manage to see all there was to see.
I will list some of the sights that were recommended to me by people I met on the island, but I had no time for them:
- Dive in Sipadan – one of the best places to dive in the world
- Climb Mount Kinabalu – Malaysia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Check out Lok Kawi Wildlife Park
- Visit Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- Go caving at Niah National Park
As you can see, there is a lot of nature and wildlife on Borneo. Be it in the jungle or in the sea. Whatever you choose, it is going to be fun. Plus you can do some rafting, canoeing, snorkeling or any other water sport!